Commanderie de Bordeaux Education Prize
The Julius Wile Commanderie de Bordeaux aux Etats Unis d'Amerique Bordeaux Education Prize includes a two-week, arranged trip of the Bordeaux wine areas and some travel expense money. Those on the Fall 2014 trip will visit many of the top Chateaux in Bordeaux and meet with the winemakers and owners.
We are now accepting applications in 180 Statler Hall. Deadline Noon, March 29th, 2013.
Application Eligibility and Criteria
This is primarily an undergraduate award. Application for this award is limited to seniors in the School of Hotel Administration whose career interests lie in the operation of full menu, table-service restaurants. MMH candidates who meet the criteria may also apply.
The Commanderie stipulates that recipients must be committed and be able to practice their profession within the hospitality industry in the United States. In addition they must have demonstrated an interest in fine wines and restaurant management.
The winner of this award will be required to submit a written report to the Commanderie de Bordeaux detailing what he or she experienced on the trip.
To be eligible for consideration, students must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of the Food and Beverage core curriculum, and several of the following Food and Beverage elective courses by the conclusion of the current academic year:
- HADM 4301 Restaurant Entrepreneurship
- HADM 4300 Introduction to Wines
- HADM 4310 Wine and Food Pairing Principles and Promotion
- H ADM 4360 Beverage Management
- Demonstrated record of "hands-on," line-level production experience in foodservice operations.
- Good academic standing and demonstrated outstanding talent, commitment, and enthusiasm.
Note: Although not a requirement, some familiarity with and the ability to communicate in French is highly desirable.
(limited to two pages) to the selection committee (who wish to remain anonymous) explaining your interest in the award and describing how the award will contribute to your anticipated career in food and beverage management in the United States.
including the names and phone numbers of a minimum of two employment references.
- Official Cornell transcript you may order these through the University Registrar's Office
Note: The award winners will be announced during HEC in April.