Cornell International Hospitality Summit
Cornell International Summit:
Hospitality, Real Estate, and the Built Environment
Shanghai, China • April 20, 2013
Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund
Cornell Alumni, Parents, and Affiliates: $300 • Non-Alumni: $350
Co-presented by the Cornell School of Hotel Administration, Cornell College of Architecture, Art, and Planning, and the Cornell Center for Real Estate and Finance (CREF).
At the Cornell International Summit: Hospitality, Real Estate, and the Built Environment, industry leaders and academic experts in hospitality, real estate, architecture, and urban planning will convene to discuss innovation and growth in China’s hospitality and commercial real estate markets. The summit will include attendance at the CREF China Real Estate Roundtable, lunch, three panel discussions, and a closing reception. Click here to view a detailed agenda.
The summit will open with the CREF China Real Estate Roundtable, a high-level discussion of China's real estate market and the influence of changing capital markets on the commercial real estate market. Click here for a list of confirmed Roundtable participants.
In the afternoon, the summit continues with panel discussions titled "Huanying: Service in Modern
China,” Urban Interconnectedness: How Cities, Transportation, and Environmental
Technologies Will Shape the Future,” and “The Future of the Chinese Hotel
Marketplace.” Each will CEOs and senior executives, Chinese
government officials, and Cornell faculty experts.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Keith Barr ’92, Chief Executive Officer, IHG Greater China
- Andreas Flaig '94, Managing Director, Advisory Asia, Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels & Hospitality Group
- Jianping Gu, Chairman, Shanghai Tower J Hotel
- Philip Ho, Vice President, Asia Pacific, The Leading Hotels of the World
- Michael Johnson, Dean of the Cornell School of Hotel Administration
- Kent Kleinman, Gale and Ira Drukier Dean, Cornell College of Architecture, Art, and Planning
- Grace Leo ’77, President and CEO, A Touch of Grace
- Crocker Liu, Professor, Cornell School of Hotel Administration
- Michael Manville, Assistant Professor, Department of City and Regional Planning, Cornell College of Architecture, Art, and Planning
- Bruce McKenzie, Senior Vice President of Operations, Greater China, Hilton Worldwide
- Des Pugson, Vice President, Operations, Managing Director, China, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Leland C. Pillsbury, ‘69, Co-chairman and CEO of Thayer Lodging Group
- Cetin Sekercioglu, Executive Vice President, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts
- Jenny Sabin, Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture, Cornell College of Architecture, Art, and Planning
- Meng Yu, CEO, Jin Jiang Inn
- Leo Yen ‘94, Vice President, Head of Select-Service Hotels, Greater China, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Teddy Zhang ’97, President & CEO, HUBS1
- Zhao Wen, Vice Mayor, City of Shanghai
- Ming Xu, Executive President, Jin Jiang International Hotel Group
The Summit is being held in collaboration with the Cornell Asia-Pacific Leadership Conference, and the Cornell Hotel Society Asia Pacific Regional Meeting. If you plan to attend either of those events, please note that Summit registration is included in each of those event packages. You should not register separately for the Summit. For more information and to register, visit websites linked above.
Summit Accomodations: Please click here for Summit room reservations at the Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund. A special rate is available to Summit particapnts. NOTE: You must book by March 31 to receive this rate.
Keith Barr ’92; Chief Executive, Greater China, InterContinental Hotel Group; Vivek Bhogaraju MMH ’06, Senior Manager, Corporate Business Development, IDeaS: A SAS Company; Tommy Bruce, VP, University Communications, Cornell University; Cees Bosselaar, Director, Business Development and Destination Analyst, PhoCusWright; Patrick Bosworth, CEO and Co-founder, Duetto Research; Michael Chow, Group Publisher - TTG Travel Trade Publishing, TTG Asia; Alain de Pouzilhac, CEO, FRANCE 24; Jan deRoos, '78, MS '80, PhD '94,Academic Director, Cornell Center for Real Estate and Finance; Paul Foskey '84, Chief Development Officer, Asia, and Area Vice President, Hotel Operations, Japan and Vietnam, Marriott International; David Funk, Director, Baker Program in Real Estate, Cornell University; Jill Heymer, Vice President, Product Sales, USA TODAY Travel Media Group; Doug Hocking ‘94, Principal, Kohn Pederson Fox (KPF) Associates; Kevin Jacobs '94, EVP and Chief of Staff, Hilton Worldwide; Meg Keilbach '88, Assistant Dean of Alumni Affairs and Development, Cornell School of Hotel Administration; Tom Kline, Executive Director, Office of Executive Education, Cornell School of Hotel Administration; Robert Kwortnik, Academic Director, Center for Hospitality Research; Charlie Li, Founder & CEO, TravelDaily; Francis Lui, Vice Chairman, Galaxy Entertainment Group; Hongnan Ma MA ’01 Director, International Programs, Cornell Alumni Affairs; Michael Moyer, Assistant Dean of Alumni Affairs & Development, Cornell College of Architecture, Art & Planning; Leland C. Pillsbury '69, Co-Chairman and CEO, Thayer Lodging Group; Chris Proulx '91, CEO, eCornell; Henri Roelings, CEO and Founder, Hsyndicate; Greg Spicer, CEO, Xn Hotel Systems; Joe Strodel, Jr. P'11, Executive Director of Corporate Affairs, Cornell School of Hotel Administration; Teddy Zhang ’97, President & CEO, HUBS 1
Corporate Sponsorship Packages
In addition to providing the marketing benefits detailed below, corporate support of Cornell International Summit: Hospitality, Real Estate, and the Built Environment makes this collaborative, international event possible. Please download our sponsor invitation for more information. Media companies interested in sponsoring this event are invited to download our media partner invitation.
Past CIHS Events
Cornell International Summit: Hospitality, Real Estate, and the Built Environment is the 2nd Cornell International Hospitality Summit.
The 1st Cornell International Hospitality Summit was held in Mumbai, India on January 17, 2012 in partnership with the Center for Hospitality Research and Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces. Please visit the links below for information on that event.
CIHS India Event Program
CIHS India Planning Committee
CIHS India Post-event press coverage in Hospitality Biz India: Cornell Summit Focuses on Hospitality Professionals